9.01.2010

How Long Before Usain Bolt is Playing MLS?




So Usain Bolt is insanely fast. Faster than any other person. Ever. Like, no one in the history of the world has ever been able to beat him in a 100 meter race. That's absolutely crazy to think about. There have been about infinity people that have ever lived, and he can beat them all. But now, he wants to ruin how cool that makes him by playing soccer.

From his Autobiography via NY Post- "Ideally, if I was to play football, I'd sign for my favorite team -- Manchester United. People say it's not realistic but nobody has seen me play so you never know. If Alex Ferguson saw me in one of those charity matches he might think I could replace Ryan Giggs."

How ballsy is Bolt for saying he could replace a soccer player on the best team in the world right now? Michael Jordan, the cockiest man who has ever lived, tried to play baseball for a while there and he only replaced a AA right fielder! Now I think Bolt would have a shot on an MLS team, one because MLS Soccer blows. And two, the MLS has been known to throw copious amounts of money away on "Stars" like David Beckham and Thierry Henry in the name of selling tickets and they are still having to reschedule games due to Semi-Pro Baseball. Put two and two together here and you have Usain Bolt in a Red Bulls or Galaxy jersey next year. Lock it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment