10.25.2010

God Hates Buffalo


Which one of these things is not like the other one? Which one of these things is not the same? Ryan Fitzpatrick is the number two rated quarterback in the NFL? How on earth is this possible? Yeah I know, Fitzy put up big numbers yesterday in another heartbreaking loss to the Ravens, going 29-43 for 374 and 4 touchdowns, but I am actually supposed to believe the only quarterback in the league that is better than our Harvard Boy is Peyton Manning? And worse, what if Chan Gailey and the Front Office actually start believing it? The Bills are finally bad enough to draft a franchise quarterback and maybe start turning this team around, and GD Ryan Fitzpatrick is ruining it!

It doesn't help that our defense can't stop a nose bleed. We just let up 30 points or more for the fifth straight game (and for the first time in our not so storied 50 year history) and are ranked dead last against at stopping the run. If you look at those stats, its hard to say that what's going to right the ship is a new quarterback. Ryan Mallet or Andrew Luck are not going to be tackling many running backs. Oh yeah, and Buffalo is now the only team in the league who hasn't won a game. Perfect.

PS- The Bills were up 17-3 and 24-10, but at no point did I actually think we were going to win that game yesterday. That game had heartbreaking loss written all over it. So of course we rallied back from down 10 to tie the game late in the fourth. And of course Ray Lewis strips Shawn Nelson and the Ravens rip our hearts out in overtime like it was Old Spice . I would have been MUCH more shocked if that didn't happen. I've seen that movie too many times.

PPS- I love the Old Spice commercials with Ray Lewis. I don't play Fantast Football! I play For Real Football! If I still had enough friends to play football with on the weekends, this would undoubtably be my go to trash talking line.

No comments:

Post a Comment