8.23.2010

The ONLY Time I Want to Watch Around the Horn it's Not On



Around the Horn is my least favorite shows of all-time. Just four "Know-it-all" Sports Writers from around the country arguing just to argue. They don't believe a word they are saying and pulling up stats and schedules to try and convince me to believe that I should really like Brett Favre or that the Houston Rockets are coming out of the West every year. Hate is not strong enough of a word to describe my feelings towards everone who appears on that show, with the exception of Michael Smith.

Well over the past weekend Jay Mariotti, aka the Devil Incarnate, was arrested on felony charges rumored to be related to a domestic dispute and was being held on $50,000 bail. And 50k bail is no joke. And on top of this, Tim Cowlishaw made the claim that Revis signed a contract over his Twitter account, only to have the entire sports world tell him he was wrong.

So for the first time EVER, I was counting down the minutes until 5:00pm to see what would happen when Tony Reali introduced four sports writers who were not in prison or being slammed by the rest of the media. But I turn on ESPN on only to find that the freaking Little League World Series is on instead. Puerto Rico! Mexico! 12 Year Old Elimination Game! WOOT! Danny Almonte isn't even pitching. THIS WEDDING IS HORSESHIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment