3.29.2010

Majoring in Being a Gladiator Isn't as Cool as it Sounds



The Local- The student warriors, who are all studying various disciplines at the university, won’t be eating pizza, hamburgers or steaks during their training. Instead they’ll have berries and white beans on their plates as the ancient Roman doctor Galen recommended in his texts.

They will also learn to fight wearing bronze helmets that weigh almost five kilogrammes at a camp that won’t allow girlfriends, showers, or washing machines.




Obviously when I first read this, I jumped up on my couch and yelled at the top of my lungs that I wanted to go back to school to be a gladiator. Sounded way better than majoring in Operations Research Engineering Mangement Systems. But berries and white beans? No girlfriends allowed? No showering? Uhhh, sorry, unless you let me kill somebody too there is absolutely no way I'm going to take it that serious. It's all or nothing with me. I'm like O-Town when it comes to stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment