3.30.2010

James Franco is no Charles Dickens



So other than diverting the ladies' attention from me in Butler Library, James Franco is good for playing potheads, being in soap operas, hosting SNL and cameo-ing in 30 Rock. What James Franco is not good for is writing.

Unfortunately, that is precisely what he studied at Columbia and is enrolled to receive a PhD in at Yale. This means he has been given the authority to produce such crap like This Short Story in Esquire. And if you dont want to read the entire thing here are a few excerpts


My window is cracked, just a bit, and the air plays on my forehead like a cold whisper.


Joe and I sit and stare at the wall of the building. The building is beige, but the shadows make it shadow-color


Joe smokes. His window is all the way down, and he breathes his smoke out the black gaping gap.


I kid you not. And if this were not insufferable enough, he is scheduled to release an entire volume of short stories entitled Palo Alto this fall that will undoubtably make every girl my age that much more dumb. James! You are young, rich and famous. Stick to banging girls who are out of my league and leave the shitty writing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment