7.06.2010

Is Mother Nature Fucking Kidding Me With This Heat?




Okay, take it from a guy who's been there. When your new roommate wants to go to the Statue of Liberty on a day when the Watch Tower outside of your window flashes HELL right after it flashes 9:32 am, say ABSOLUTELY GODDAMN NOT in the most polite way you can.

For those of you that do not know me well enough, I sweat. A LOT. It's not kosher. I've actually had to go to Rite Aide to buy a 3 pack of Fruit of the Looms white t-shirts because I sweated through my shirt on the way to the party. I also packed an extra shirt to the 4th of July BBQ I went to this weekend. So guess what happened when I waited in line for the ferry to see Lady Liberty for an hour and a half, in blistering 102 degree heat, packed in with around 1000 other people? And yes, I see the assholery in bitching about standing in line for a couple hours to crowd into a boat to go to Ellis Island.

So yeah, you could have solved water crises in at least two 3rd world countries by ringing out my shirt. I was actually praying that the terrorists would bomb Liberty Island and spare me the slow and painful death of sweating to death. It was a minor miracle that I lived to tell this tale.

Well at least its supposed to cool down tomorrow...



Oh wait, what's that? New record highs?

1 comment:

  1. ha I knowww. for some reason I thought an air conditioned museum would not be fun. my mistake. love, your new roommate.

    ReplyDelete