7.27.2010

I Got Trade Raped by Pattyshack



Okay, quick background. I play fantasy baseball with pattyshack with some of the guys that he works with where he Rethinks Possible. Pattyshack is a savvy veteran in the ways of the fantasy baseball, whereas I haven't played since middle school. And even then my buddies and I didn't really get it and just stacked one team by way of bullshit trades so that we could have a "Fantasy Team."

Regardless, a couple of weeks ago, I needed stolen bases and he needed home runs, so I traded the underperforming Carlos "El Caballo" Lee for over achieving Rajai Davis... only to find out 3 days after that Coco Crisp (Yes that's a real player) was coming back from injury and Rajai Davis was being relegated to the bench. Yes, I traded for a backup outfielder.

Well, obviously I've held this against Pattyshack ever since. He'll ask if I want a beer and I'll tell him "Yeah sure, I'll give you a backup outfielder for it." He calls dibs on a girl? Yeah, I'll trade you a backup outfielder for her. You get the idea.

I officially parted ways with Davis today by dropping him off of my team, where he officially played one game. Easily the worst trade I have ever made in fantasy sports. Pattyshack trade raped the shit out of me. But hey, snake it 'til you make it patty. Hope you can look yourself in the mirror while your all the way up there in the standings.

PS- Can't wait for The League to start up again on September 16th. If you haven't watched it yet, go do it right now, even if you aren't into fantasy sports. I've been pushing it on a few kids since Season 1 came out and they loved the shit out of it once they gave it a shot. It's only 6 episodes long too, so I don't want to hear any excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment