2.22.2010

What is Canada going to do When I win Gold in Curling Now?




In the immortal words of Ricky Bobby, "We're American, because you're in America, okay? Greatest country on the planet" and we just proved it again last night by beating Canada 5-3 at their favorite game on their home ice. Reminds me of the time our 5 year old neighbor invited me over to his place and I whooped him in wii swordfighting, but not quite on such a grand level.

On a less serious note, all this talk about the biggest upset since the Miracle on Ice needs to stop. Children, this is a qualifying game that meant almost nothing in the scheme of things other than seeding. There's still a long road ahead of the US Hockey team, and if we lose to some scrub team like Switzerland or Belarus no one is going to remember beating the Canadians. Although it's good that the whole world got to see what every Buffalonian already knew, that Ryan Miller is STUD between the pipes.

And look at that, I almost made it through the entire post without mentioning that Miller plays for Buffalo and Patrick Kane (The US's best forward) is from Buffalo. Good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment