8.25.2013

I Think Enough Time Has Passed, That I'm Okay With Matt Leinart in a Bills Jersey


He really has aged well. I mean look at that guy, Studcake with frosting and sprinkles on top.

So I've written in this space before, that Matt Leinart can stay the F away from Buffalo. Saying that the former USC Heisman quarterback would fit in in Buffalo like I would fit in in Tokyo or some non-sense. Well guess what? I haven't matured enough that the idea of being in Tokyo doesn't haunt my dreams, but the idea of Leinart in Flutie's old number 7 Buffalo Bills jersey doesn't immediately make me want to vomit.

Maybe it's that Leinart doesn't seem to have the Hollywood persona that I associated with him when he was younger that makes me think he might have a little Shane Falco in him. Or it might just be that the Bills are looking at starting an undrafted rookie named Jeff Tuel against the Patriots in the home opener in two weeks if E.J. Manuel and Kevin Kolb aren't healthy by then.

Who am I kidding, it is for sure the later of those two. As much as fun as its been watching Tuel Time light it up in the preseason, he did that against scrubs for Indy, Minnesota and Washington. Belicheck and Brady will literally eat that poor boy alive with no remorse. Sign me up for Matt Leinart and sign me up for him yesterday.

Update: Welcome to the squad Matty. Kolb's latest concussion is supposed to be career threatening, so now I have no choice to love you. Shane Falco 2.0 here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment